Boca Raton Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyers
Skilled Attorneys Fight for the Rights of the Victims of Uber/Lyft Accidents in Boca Raton, FL
Although an Uber/Lyft accident seems like it would be no different from any other car accident, the reality is that these accident cases can get far more complicated than your average car accident. Because rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft do not own the vehicles or employ the drivers that drive for them, it can be difficult to know where to turn to seek compensation when you’ve been injured in an Uber/Lyft accident in Boca Raton through no fault of your own. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., our knowledgeable Boca Raton Uber/Lyft accident lawyers have been at the forefront of Uber and Lyft accident cases.
We know what it takes to get injured Uber/Lyft accident victims fair and full compensation for their injuries and damages because we’ve successfully helped numerous clients obtain maximum financial recovery in their cases.
Contact our firm today to set up a no-cost initial case review to go over the details of your accident and to learn more about how having an experienced attorney on your side can ensure you have the best chance at receiving maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
Seeking Compensation in Uber/Lyft Accident Claims
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by another driver, you would normally seek compensation for your injuries and damages by filing a claim for compensation against the insurance policy of the at-fault driver. However, when that driver is driving for a rideshare company such as Lyft or Uber, you may not be able to obtain compensation from the driver’s personal auto insurance unless he or she has the proper riders attached to his or her policy, since personal auto insurance only covers use of an automobile for personal purposes.
To make sure that injured Uber/Lyft accident victims are not left without compensation, Florida law now requires rideshare drivers or rideshare companies to have certain minimum insurance. This minimum amount depends on the circumstances at the time of the accident:
- Driver is not logged into the mobile rideshare application: Only the driver’s personal auto insurance coverage applies
- Driver is logged into the mobile rideshare application but has not accepted a ride request or is not actively transporting a passenger: Minimum insurance coverage of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per incident for death or bodily injury, $25,000 per incident for property damage
- Driver has accepted a ride request or is actively transporting a passenger: Minimum insurance coverage of $1 million for death, bodily injury, or property damage
The Personal Injury Attorneys at Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. Vigorously Pursue Full Recovery for Your Injuries and Damages from Your Boca Raton Uber/Lyft Accident
The Boca Raton Uber/Lyft accident lawyers of Gonzalez & Cartwright are ready to help you navigate the complexities of pursuing compensation following a rideshare accident. We can help you understand your rights and options for pursuing compensation depending on the circumstances of your accident, such as if you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle where the rideshare driver was negligent, an occupant of another vehicle that was hit by a rideshare driver, or a passenger in a rideshare vehicle that was hit by another negligent or reckless driver.
When you choose us to represent you in your Boca Raton Uber/Lyft accident case, you can expect that our firm will:
- Investigate your accident to recover the evidence we need for your claim
- Identify at-fault parties and sources of compensation (such as available insurance coverage)
- File claims with the insurance companies and aggressively negotiate for a settlement that provides you with fair and full compensation
- Prepare your claim to go to court, if necessary, and advocate on your behalf at trial
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with a Boca Raton Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney from Gonzalez & Cartwright Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in an Uber/Lyft accident in Boca Raton, contact the Boca Raton, FL rideshare accident attorneys at Gonzalez & Cartwright today to set up a free, no-obligation case review with one of our Uber/Lyft accident attorneys to go over your legal rights and options following your accident and to learn more about why having an experienced personal injury lawyer in your corner can give you the best chance at securing maximum compensation for the injuries and damages you’ve suffered as a result of your accident.
About Boca Raton, FL
Boca Raton is a city located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Originally developed in the 1920s as a resort town. Following the end of the Florida land boom, the land around Boca Raton was turned into a military base, serving during World War II as the military’s sole radar training base; after the war these military facilities were developed into Florida Atlantic University. Today, Boca Raton is among Florida’s wealthiest communities, with mansions, yachts, exotic cars, and gated country clubs common throughout the city.
Uber / Lyft Accident Legal Services in Areas Nearby
- Coral Springs Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Deerfield Beach Uber Accidents
- Deerfield Beach Lyft Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Uber Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Lyft Accidents
- Pompano Beach Uber Accidents
- Pompano Beach Lyft Accidents
- Boca Raton Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Boynton Beach Uber Accidents
- Boynton Beach Lyft Accidents
- Delray Beach Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Lake Worth Uber Accidents
- Lake Worth Lyft Accidents
- West Palm Beach Uber Accidents
- West Palm Beach Lyft Accidents
Office Locations in Areas Nearby
Broward County Office
Palm Beach County Offices
- 813 Lucerne Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- 1645 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, Suite 1200-A, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (BY APPT. ONLY)
Frequently Asked Questions about Uber/Lyft Accidents in Boca Raton
Under Florida’s statute of limitations, you have four years from the date of your accident in which to file a lawsuit to seek compensation for injuries and damages from your accident; this time period might be extended under very limited and unique circumstances. If you fail to file suit before the expiration of the statute of limitations in your case, the court can permanently dismiss your lawsuit and you will lose your right to seek compensation in court.
If you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle that was involved in an accident where a driver other than the rideshare driver was at fault for the collision, you typically will need to pursue a claim for compensation against that driver and his or her insurance coverage. However, rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft are required to provide uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to passengers, so if the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage isn’t sufficient to pay for your injuries and damages, you may be entitled to turn to the rideshare company’s insurance for coverage.