Concussions and Truck Accidents - Our South Florida truck accident attorneys work for you
Concussions caused by truck accidents can often be very serious. In an instant, you or a loved one can sustain a serious head injury due to a truck driver's reckless or negligent actions. Warning signs that you might have a concussion or traumatic brain injury (TBI) include:
- Ringing in ears
- Extreme fatigue
Make sure you take your concussion seriously right from the start. Make sure you contact Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., South Florida truck accident lawyers who will stand up for your rights.
What to do if you have a concussion
If you believe you sustained a concussion in a collision caused by a truck driver, we strongly urge you to take the following steps:
- Call the police and request that they respond to your accident
- Get the truck driver's contact information (full name, phone number, trucking company name, insurance information). If you are not healthy enough to do this step, ask someone (including the investigating police officer) to obtain this information for you.
- Gather evidence at the scene, including photographs of the crash and statements from witnesses who saw your crash. Again, if you are not physically able to do this step, asking someone else or the investigating police officer to do this, particularly interview witnesses who saw your crash.
- Seek immediate medical help. Even if you feel fine, don't take chances with your health. You could have a serious, life-threatening brain injury.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you were in an accident. But keep your comments brief. Anything you say could be used by the truck driver's insurance company to deny your claim.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor. Head injuries can be very serious and dangerous if left untreated. What might seem like a minor concussion could turn out to be a severe TBI.
You have rights. Our attorneys will fight for them. Contact our law firm to find out how we can help you.
How our law firm can help you
Truck accidents involving concussions can be very complicated cases. Without the right legal representation, you might not be able to obtain the financial compensation you rightfully deserve for your concussion.
Remember, the money you're entitled to after your accident can apply to all your accident-related expenses, including medical bills, lost income and lost future income. Find out how you can obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation today.