Delray Beach Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyers
Results-Focused Attorneys Fight to Secure Financial Compensation for Victims of Uber/Lyft Accidents in Palm Beach County
After you’ve been injured in an Uber/Lyft accident in Delray Beach that wasn’t your fault, you may think that filing a claim for compensation is as straightforward as filing a claim with Uber or Lyft. However, rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft do not own the vehicles nor do they employ the drivers that drive for them. As a result, it can become very confusing as to who you can file a claim for compensation with. Let the experienced Delray Beach Uber/Lyft accident lawyers of Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. put our knowledge to work for you to handle the complexities and difficulties of pursuing maximum compensation for the injuries and damages you’ve suffered in your Uber/Lyft accident case. Our attorneys have successfully helped numerous clients secure maximum financial recovery in their cases.
Contact our firm today for a no-cost initial case evaluation to discuss the details of your case and to learn more about how an experienced attorney can help you fight for fair and full compensation in your case.
Compensation That May Be Available in Uber/Lyft Accident Claims
In a traditional car accident case, the injured victims in the accident would file a claim for compensation against the driver or drivers who were responsible for causing the accident. When a car accident is caused by a driver who is driving for Uber or Lyft at the time of the accident, it can make it much more difficult to pursue compensation. You may decide to file a claim against the driver’s car insurance, but if the driver doesn’t have the right policies, his or her insurer may deny your claim because the driver was working at the time of the accident.
Fortunately, Florida law now requires rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft to provide insurance coverage through their drivers. However, the amount of coverage that is available (if any is available at all) depends on the circumstances that exist at the time of the accident:
- The Uber/Lyft driver has accepted a ride request from a passenger or is actively transporting a passenger: Florida law requires insurance coverage of at least $1 million for death, bodily injury, and property damage
- The Uber/Lyft driver is logged into the mobile application but has not accepted a ride request: Florida law requires insurance coverage of at least $50,000 per person/$100,000 per incident for death and bodily injury, and $25,000 per incident for property damage
- The Uber/Lyft driver is not logged into the mobile application: The driver is not considered driving for the rideshare company and his or her personal auto insurance policy will apply
The Personal Injury Lawyers of Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. Do What It Takes to Get You the Financial Recovery You Need and Deserve after a Delray Beach Uber/Lyft Accident
The Delray Beach Uber/Lyft accident lawyers of Gonzalez & Cartwright understand that an Uber/Lyft accident claim has many moving pieces. When you choose our firm to help you with your case, you can expect that our attorneys will:
- Thoroughly investigate your accident and injuries to recover evidence we can use in your claim
- Collaborate with expert witnesses to establish a strong, persuasive argument for liability and damages
- File your claim with the appropriate insurance companies and negotiate for full and fair compensation
- If a negotiated settlement is not possible, take your claim to court and advocate at trial for a judgment in your favor
Regardless of whether you were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft or an occupant of another vehicle, and regardless of whether the Uber or Lyft driver or another motorist was at fault for the accident, we can help you recover compensation for your injuries and damages.
Contact Our Firm Today to Schedule a Free Case Review with Our Delray Beach Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
After you or a family member have been injured in an Uber/Lyft accident in Delray Beach, schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation with the Delray Beach, FL rideshare accident attorneys at Gonzalez & Cartwright to discuss your legal rights and options for pursuing a claim for compensation, and to learn more about how our firm can help the process of pursuing your claim go more smoothly and fight to ensure that you receive fair and full compensation for your injuries and damages.
About Delray Beach, FL
Delray Beach is a city located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Initially established around the turn of the 20th century as a farming community, during the Florida land boom of the 1920s Delray Beach became known for its Artists and Writers Colony of creatives from Hollywood, California, who chose Delray Beach as a winter home. In recent decades, Delray Beach has engaged in redevelopment and revitalization of its downtown areas along the Atlantic Ocean to attract businesses and commerce to the area.
Uber / Lyft Accident Legal Services in Areas Nearby
- Coral Springs Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Deerfield Beach Uber Accidents
- Deerfield Beach Lyft Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Uber Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Lyft Accidents
- Pompano Beach Uber Accidents
- Pompano Beach Lyft Accidents
- Boca Raton Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Boynton Beach Uber Accidents
- Boynton Beach Lyft Accidents
- Delray Beach Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Lake Worth Uber Accidents
- Lake Worth Lyft Accidents
- West Palm Beach Uber Accidents
- West Palm Beach Lyft Accidents
Office Locations in Areas Nearby
Broward County Office
Palm Beach County Offices
- 813 Lucerne Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- 1645 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, Suite 1200-A, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (BY APPT. ONLY)
Frequently Asked Questions About Uber/Lyft Accidents in Delray Beach
Most motor vehicle accidents such as Uber/Lyft accidents are resolved long before the claim ever gets inside a courtroom or goes to trial. Instead, most claims are resolved through a negotiated settlement with the insurance company. Our attorneys work diligently to try to obtain a settlement that provides you with fair and full compensation so that you get the money you need for your recovery as quickly as possible. Of course, our experienced lawyers do not hesitate to pursue your claims in court when it will give you the best chance at securing the financial recovery you need and deserve.
Most personal injury attorneys handle injured victims’ claims on a “contingency fee” basis. That means that the client does not pay any money upfront; instead, the lawyer does not get paid unless and until the lawyer recovers compensation for the client. The lawyer is then paid a percentage of the client’s total financial recovery as the lawyer’s fee.