South Florida Attorney for Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries - Rely on Our Experienced Legal Professionals
A brain injury or spinal cord injury changes an individual life forever. Whether the injury was the result of a motorcycle accident, a boating accident or an on-the-job accident, the victim and his or her family will need an experienced personal injury lawyer for legal guidance. A legal professional can evaluate the impact of the injury. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we use resources such as medical professionals and other experts who can testify about the injury and its affect on the victim's entire life. A victim may need compensation for significant medical bills as well as future rehabilitation costs. In the case of paralysis, you may need compensation for home renovations, such as wheelchair ramps, elevators and handicap-accessible bathrooms. For a free consultation, contact an experienced brain injury lawyer or a spinal cord injury attorney in West Palm Beach: (800) 608-2965.
A closer look at brain injuries
Brain injuries occur all too frequently in the United States. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports the following national statistics about TBI:
- About 1.5 million people sustain a TBI each year
- About 50,000 people die
- Roughly 235,000 are hospitalized
- An estimated 1.1 million are treated and released from a hospital emergency room
Spinal cord injuries affect thousands each year
Spinal cord injuries unfortunately are not uncommon in the United States:
- About 7,800 people sustain spinal cord injuries each year, according to the National Spinal Cord Injury Association
- An estimated 400,000 people in the U.S. are living with spinal cord injury
- Paralysis may involve the loss of movement in all four limbs (quadriplegia) or loss of movement in the lower half of the body (paraplegia)
- Paralysis or spinal cord injury victims tend to have shorter life spans
Contact a West Palm Beach brain injury and spinal cord injury lawyer
At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., an experienced attorney is prepared to listen to you and discuss your legal options if you or a loved one was injured due to negligence. Contact us today for your free consultation: (800) 608-2965. Let us assist you during a difficult time.