Construction accident attorney in West Palm Beach - Florida lawyers with experience
Construction sites can pose significant risks to the construction workers and individuals who walk by or drive within their vicinity. Construction companies have a responsibility to keep the site safe for everyone - workers, pedestrians, motorists, bicyclists, etc. Unfortunately, proper signs warning passers-by are not always in place or visible enough. Perhaps the owner or the foreman failed to follow safety procedures, which can lead to serious and possibly fatal injuries.
At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we work aggressively to protect the rights of people injured at construction sites in South Florida. If you or a loved one was injured, don't hesitate to call (800) 608-2965 to learn about your rights. Your consultation is free. There is no obligation. Take the right step today by talking with an experienced West Palm Beach construction accident lawyer.
Types of hazards at a construction site
It's easy for an accident to happen when proper safety precautions are ignored. The following are just a few of the potentially hazardous situations or equipment at a construction site:
- Caught between objects - This type of accident often occurs at construction sites due to the large number of construction vehicles and people working at the same site at the same time.
- Struck by an object - With so many people operating so many different kinds of machinery, power tools and other devices at the same place at the same time, it's no wonder there are so many construction accidents involving various objects.
- Open manholes - Workers can sustain serious injuries by falling into such an unmarked obstacle.
- Falling debris - Roof shingles and siding sometimes fall onto construction workers. The same goes for debris from demolished buildings and scaffolding.
- Unsafe scaffolding - Trained construction workers need to make sure that scaffolding is properly set up and secure. Otherwise, scaffolding collapse accidents may occur.
- Heavy machinery - Forklifts, backhoes, bulldozers and other large machinery often cause serious construction accidents.
- Poor road conditions - Many construction accidents involve construction workers driving to or from a construction site. And in many cases, these accidents occur due to poor road conditions, especially right near a construction site.
- Crane malfunctions - Crane accidents at construction sites have been increasingly common in recent years. And since these cranes often operate high above the ground, the injuries can be very serious or even fatal.
- Exposure to hazardous materials - Asbestos, hazardous chemicals and other hazardous materials at construction sites can cause serious, long-term health problems.
- Trench collapse - Working inside a trench at a construction site can be very dangerous, especially if a poorly constructed trench collapses onto construction workers.
It's crucial for construction companies, contractors, crew leaders and architects to inspect the site and make sure safety is being maintained. Sometimes construction companies cut corners, and safety takes a back seat. They may hire unlicensed contractors or allow workers to operate machinery that has not been properly maintained.
Failure to warn of dangerous conditions or failure to properly train and supervise workers can all result in devastating incidents.
Types of construction accident injuries
An unsafe environment is simply asking for trouble. Injuries on construction accidents can be catastrophic. They may include any of the following:
- Brain and spinal cord injury
- Burn injury
- Loss of limbs
- Electrocution injury
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- And more
Serious injuries require serious representation. Talk to an experienced construction accident lawyer in West Palm Beach today. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we can discuss your legal options, which may include pursuing a claim against a third party (someone other than the employer). If you lost a loved one in a construction accident, we can help you prepare a wrongful death claim.
Many dangerous situations typically involve violations of Federal OSHA regulations or building codes. Other times, construction accidents often occur due to mistakes made by untrained, unskilled or unlicensed construction workers. Our law firm can put legal skills and resources to work to find out exactly what happened. We can determine liability and hold whoever was responsible for your accident accountable for their actions or inaction.
Let a West Palm Beach construction accident lawyer guide you
If you or a loved one have been injured or killed in a construction accident, don't hesitate to contact an experienced lawyer. Let Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., fight to protect your rights - whether you're a worker, pedestrian or just a passer-by. Call (800) 608-2965 today to see how we can help you pursue the justice you deserve.