Car Accident Lawyers in Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach Car Accident Lawyers Fight to Hold Careless Drivers Accountable
Cities in South Florida tend to be heavily concentrated, and Pompano Beach is no exception—the city’s proximity to beautiful beaches and downtown Miami make Pompano Beach a popular designation for both visitors and permanent residents. Unfortunately, the fact that our communities are so attractive also mean that our residents are much more likely to be involved in a car accident at some point in life. Hundreds of thousands of car accidents take place in Florida each year, and many are caused by careless or aggressive driving and so could have been prevented entirely.
At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we believe that a safe driver should not have to pay for the harm caused by careless drivers in our communities. We have been successfully helping car accident victims recover financial compensation to hold careless drivers accountable in Pompano Beach for over a decade, and we have a combined 35 years’ worth of experience dealing with the insurance companies that often seek to deny accident victims’ right to fair compensation. We will work tirelessly to obtain compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and more, so contact us today if you have sustained injuries in a car accident caused by a negligent driver in South Florida.
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights Immediately After a Pompano Beach Car Accident
The time following a car accident can feel rushed and surreal, but it is important that you take certain steps immediately after the accident to protect your future rights, which, after seeking emergency medical care if necessary, include:
- Call the police. You should make a formal police report after a car accident even if you are uncertain who caused the accident—this report can both bolster your claim for compensation at a later date and make it easier to recover from the insurance company.
- Check for injuries. Check to make sure that others involved in the accident, including passengers in all vehicles, are not seriously injured. Remember that it is important to have a doctor check for injuries after an accident even if everyone initially appears to be unharmed.
- Document the scene. You can use your smartphone to take photos and videos of the accident scene, as well as any injuries sustained by you or other passengers in the vehicle.
- Obtain contact information. Obtain the contact information of both drivers in the other vehicles and any eyewitnesses to the car accident, as witness testimony can provide valuable evidence in future negotiations.
- Document insurance information. You can also use your phone to photograph the other driver’s insurance documentation and license plate.
- Contact our Pompano Beach car accident lawyers. Even if you are unsure what caused the accident in which you were injured, contact our offices as soon as you can after the accident so that we can begin investigating to determine whether you may have a case for compensation against the at-fault driver or drivers.
Gonzalez & Cartwright Provide Honest Legal Representation to Car Accident Victims in Pompano Beach and Throughout South Florida
Car accidents tend to happen quickly, meaning that it can be difficult to initially know the cause of the accident. We have the training and investigative resources necessary to gain a more full picture of what happened to cause your accident so that we can pursue your right to compensation. Pompano Beach car accidents that we frequently see include:
- Distracted driving
- Uber or Lyft accidents
- Texting while driving accidents
- Fatigued driving accidents
- Accidents caused by tire blowouts
- Vehicle rollovers
- DUI accidents, whether caused by drug or alcohol use
- Rear-end accidents
- Construction zone accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist accidents
- Car accidents resulting in whiplash injuries
- Car accidents resulting in fatalities
Call Today to Find Out How the Experienced Car Accident Lawyers at Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. Can Help in Your Pompano Beach Case
We are proud to provide bilingual legal support to car accident victims in South Florida, so if you have sustained injuries in an accident in Pompano Beach or elsewhere in the community, call us today to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case. You can also fill out this online contact form and we will respond promptly to set up an appointment, which can be in our offices, in your home or even in the hospital if you are too injured to travel.
About Pompano Beach, Florida
Pompano Beach is located in Broward County, Florida, about 35 miles north of Miami. Pompano Beach was actually named for the Atlantic Ocean fish, the pompano, and was permanently settled in 1896 by railroad employees. The railroad brought substantial growth to the area, and, in 1906, Pompano Beach was originally designated as the southernmost community in Palm Beach County. Eight years later, Pompano Beach was re-designated as one of the northern communities in Broward County. Today, Pompano Beach is home to about 110,473 residents, and also offers a temporary seasonal home to many more northern residents who retreat to Pompano Beach for the winters.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accident Claims in Pompano Beach, FL
FAQ: What will your investigation into determining the cause of my car accident entail?
If the cause of your car accident is not immediately apparent, we will take all necessary steps to determine what happened. This can include locating surveillance videos, examining the police report, consulting with accident reconstruction experts, interviewing witnesses and more, depending upon the complexity of your case.
FAQ: Who will actually pay for the medical expenses incurred because of my accident? Isn’t Florida a no-fault insurance state?
Yes, Florida is a no-fault insurance state and the first $10,000 worth of medical expenses will be paid by your own car insurance company. Unfortunately, medical and other expenses resulting from a serious car accident can exceed that $10,000 coverage level significantly. Your own health insurance will cover a portion of the remaining costs, and if a third party driver’s negligence caused the accident, his or her bodily injury liability coverage may also pay a portion of your medical expenses. Depending upon the facts of your case, there are a number of options we can explore to make sure you get the compensation you need to cover your expenses.