Pompano Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
Florida Accident Lawyers Committed to Protecting Victims’ Rights After Traumatic Truck Accidents in Palm Beach County, Broward County and Across South Florida
Being involved in a typical car accident can leave you shaking for days—but the emotional and physical trauma that can result from an accident with a huge 18-wheeler, semi-truck or tractor-trailer can last a lifetime. The size and weight of commercial trucks make these vehicles significantly more dangerous to other drivers on the Pompano Beach roadways, which is why commercial truck drivers are required to complete an extensive training program and obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL). Despite all of this training, the pressures of the job can often motivate truck drivers and trucking companies to neglect their responsibilities to other drivers—jeopardizing the safety of everyone on our roadways. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., an experienced Pompano Beach truck accident lawyer knows that truck accident cases are often more difficult to litigate than traditional car accident cases and we also know that the stakes are typically much higher for the truck accident victim.
We have over 35 years’ worth of combined experience helping clients get the compensation that they justly deserve after suffering injuries because another person or organization’s negligent behavior caused a truck accident. We believe in the importance of giving our clients the personalized attention that they deserve, and when you choose us as your legal counsel, you can rest assured that we will work diligently and resolutely every step of the way to get the compensation you need.
We Handle All Types of Pompano Beach Truck Accidents
Our Pompano Beach, FL truck crash attorneys have the experience necessary to hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for the damage that a Pompano Beach truck accident can cause. Some types of truck accidents that we have handled include:
- Lost load accidents
- Blind spot accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Side underride accidents
- Rear underride accidents
- Front underride accidents
An underride accident occurs when a smaller car or truck actually slides beneath the much larger commercial vehicle. In extreme cases, an underride truck accident can lead to the removal of the top of the smaller vehicle and have devastating consequences.
Skilled Truck Accident Lawyers Fight to Hold Negligent Parties Accountable for Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., our dedicated Pompano Beach truck accident lawyers comprehensively investigate your case to determine what went wrong to cause the accident. This investigation is crucial to assigning liability for the accident and making sure you get the compensation you need to cover medical bills and other expenses after your accident. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in the Pompano Beach area include:
- Driver distraction. Texting and other technology are often the culprits in distracted driving cases, but a driver can also be distracted by others in the vehicle, eating or drinking or even trying to locate an item in the truck.
- Driver fatigue. Driving while exhausted can be just as dangerous as driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and frequently can lead to devastating truck accidents—fatigue is also a leading cause of truck accidents because truck drivers spend such long hours behind the wheel without taking breaks or rest as mandated by state and federal law.
- Improper vehicle maintenance. Commercial truck drivers are legally obligated to inspect and maintain their vehicles, which experience substantial wear and tear from hours on the roadways. Faulty brakes and worn tires are two potential maintenance issues that could easily cause an accident.
- Aggressive driving or speeding. Truck drivers are motivated to reach their destination in as little time as possible, and they are often given unrealistic cargo delivery deadlines.
- Drug or alcohol use. Unfortunately, many truck drivers resort to drug and alcohol use to help them cope with the extended hours on the roadways.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Trusted Truck Accident Lawyers Gonzalez & Cartwright
Call today, or fill out this online contact form, to schedule a free initial consultation with our Pompano Beach personal injury lawyers. We pride ourselves on providing straightforward, honest advice to truck accident victims who may continue to suffer because of their injuries, and we will work tirelessly to make sure the process of recovering compensation for those injuries is as smooth as possible in your case.
About Pompano Beach, Florida
Pompano Beach has recently undergone an extensive beach revitalization process, making it one of the most sought-after real estate markets in South Florida. Proximately located near Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach offers residents and visitors a broad array of dining and recreational activities, including the Pompano Beach Aquatics Center and Pompano Beach community park. Of course, the Atlantic Ocean itself provides the opportunity to engage in all types of water-related activities, and boating, fishing, kayaking and jet skiing are some of the principal draws for Pompano Beach tourists.
Truck Accident Legal Services in Areas Nearby
Broward County Truck Accidents
Palm Beach County Truck Accidents
- Boynton Beach Truck Accidents
- Lake Worth Truck Accidents
- West Palm Beach Taxi Accidents
- West Palm Beach Truck Accidents
Office Locations in Areas Nearby
Broward County Office
Palm Beach County Offices
- 813 Lucerne Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- 1645 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, Suite 1200-A, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (BY APPT. ONLY)
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents
Our lawyers will take care of the entire investigative process. In many cases, an investigation is necessary because it is unclear what actually caused the accident. We will consult with experts capable of examining the accident scene and evaluating factors such as skid marks, oil stains and roadway conditions to gather evidence as to what happened in your case. We will also obtain relevant information such as vehicle safety logs, inspection records, the “black box” recording device and more.
When we speak of truck accidents, we are talking about accidents involving large commercial vehicles that can weigh upwards of 70,000-80,000 pounds, such as tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, delivery trucks, oil and gas tankers, and similar vehicles.
One primary difference lies in the fact that the truck driver usually does not own the vehicle. The company that owns the vehicle can, in many cases, be held responsible for the negligent driving of the truck driver. Also, the truck may be carrying cargo, which, if dangerous or improperly loaded, can actually cause the truck accident, meaning that we may need to identify the company or party responsible for ensuring that the cargo was safely loaded onto the truck in the first place.