West Palm Beach Construction Accident Lawyer
Experienced West Palm Beach Construction Accident Lawyer Represents Hard-working Individuals and Innocent Victims Hurt in Construction Site Accidents in Palm Beach County and Throughout South Florida
Construction sites represent some of the most dangerous places in South Florida. In addition to frequent chaotic activity, construction sites are also filled with heavy machinery and equipment, open trenches and building frames, and potentially hazardous building materials stores throughout the site. A construction site accident has the potential to injure not only workers on the site but also nearby residents or innocent bystanders and passersby. If you suffered injuries on or near a construction site, turn to a West Palm Beach construction accident lawyer for help in pursuing your legal rights.
For over a decade, Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. has provided effective, dedicated legal advocacy to injured victims of accidents in Palm Beach County and throughout South Florida. We have honed a reputation as a premier law firm dedicated to safeguarding our clients’ rights. Our clients are more than just case files to us. We care about ensuring you make a full recovery from injuries you have suffered through no fault of your own.
If you were hurt in a construction site accident, don’t put off seeking financial recovery for your injuries and losses. Reach out to our firm today for a free initial case evaluation to learn more about what a West Palm Beach construction accident lawyer from our firm can do to help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
What Are Your Options for Compensation after a Construction Accident in West Palm Beach?
Your legal options for recovering financial compensation after being hurt in a construction accident in West Palm Beach can depend on various circumstances. If you were a construction worker hurt on the job, you are normally entitled to pursue a claim for workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation in Florida is a “no-fault” system, meaning that an injured worker does not need to prove their employer’s fault for their injuries to be entitled to workers’ comp benefits. Financial benefits from workers’ comp may include:
- Payment for all reasonable and necessary medical treatment and rehabilitation of work injuries and occupational illnesses
- Temporary disability benefits, which provides partial wage replacement if you miss time from work due to your injury or health condition
- Permanent partial disability benefits, which are financial payments based on the type and severity of a disability that does not completely render you unable to work
- Permanent total disability benefits, which continue partial wage replacement for as long as you remain incapable of working
However, if a third party has legal liability for injuries you sustained on the job in a construction site accident, you may be entitled to pursue a personal injury claim against that third party in addition to your workers’ comp claim. For example, if you are injured by defective equipment or machinery, you can file a claim for compensation against the manufacturer. A personal injury claim can allow you to recover compensation for:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Costs of long-term care if your injuries lead to permanent disabilities or chronic health conditions.
- Full compensation for lost wages or income after missing time from work, or future earning capacity if you are partially or totally disabled from working.
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life due to embarrassment or humiliation from visible scarring/disfigurement, or due to physical disabilities preventing you from partaking in activities.
Nearby residents or passersby who are injured by construction site accidents are also entitled to pursue full compensation in a personal injury claim against liable parties, which may include the site owner or the construction company.
Turn to a West Palm Beach Construction Accident Lawyer from Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. for Help with the Details of Your Case
When you need help navigating the complexities of pursuing a legal claim for compensation after being injured by a construction site accident, you can expect a West Palm Beach construction accident lawyer to help in your case by:
- Thoroughly investigating the details of the accident to recover evidence to show what caused the accident or who may have been at fault for causing the accident and your injuries.
- Documenting the full extent of your expenses and losses to determine what is the maximum compensation you deserve.
- Going over your legal rights and options in your case with you, and offering a direct line to your attorney along with regular updates on the progress of your case.
- Filing your claims for compensation, including a workers’ comp claim or a personal injury claim against liable third parties
- Pursuing settlement negotiations in your case or going to court if necessary and if you feel comfortable with pursuing litigation.
Slip and Fall Accident
Reach Out to Our Firm for a Free Case Review to Speak with a West Palm Beach Construction Accident Lawyer
After being seriously hurt in a construction accident, contact Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. for a free, no-obligation consultation to go over your legal rights and options with a knowledgeable West Palm Beach construction accident lawyer. We want to help you secure the maximum compensation you need and deserve.
About West Palm Beach, FL
West Palm Beach is a city located in and the county seat of Palm Beach County, Florida. In 1894, West Palm Beach became the first incorporated municipality in South Florida. Early development was spurred by the agriculture and tourism industries, followed by the 1920s Florida land boom. Although growth slowed following the 1928 Okeechobee hurricane, another wave of population growth followed World War II as servicemembers who had completed training in South Florida moved to the area following the war. In recent years, West Palm Beach has undertaken a redevelopment of its downtown area, including preserving historic architecture and neighborhoods.
Legal Services in Areas Nearby
Frequently Asked Questions about Construction Accidents in Florida
Some of the most common causes of construction accidents in West Palm Beach include slipping and tripping hazards or lack of fall prevention on roofs or in open areas, poorly maintained or defective tools or equipment, unguarded power or gas lines, unsecured hazardous or flammable materials, lack of bracing in trenches and underground work sites, or missing guards or protective features on machinery or equipment.
When choosing a construction accident attorney, you will want to pick an attorney with extensive experience representing injured victims of construction site accidents. Investigating construction accidents can be a complex endeavor due to various local, state, and federal building codes and worksite safety regulations. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we have over three decades of combined experience fighting to recover compensation on behalf of our clients who were hurt in construction accidents.