Coral Springs Personal Injury Lawyers
Experienced Injury Lawyers Fight to Get Justice for Accident Victims in Broward County and Across South Florida
The last thing you should have to worry about after an accident is how you will pay your bills while unable to work. Without the advice of a respected personal injury lawyer, it can also be difficult to know whether you have received the most possible compensation for your injuries.
At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., our injury lawyers have dedicated our practice to advocating for accident victims’ rights in Coral Springs and across South Florida. We explore every possible option to get fair compensation for our injured clients. We have the legal skills needed to fight for your rights in court—but we also have the negotiation skills needed to reach a fair settlement without ever going to court in many cases.
Choosing a lawyer to fight on your behalf can be confusing. Our Coral Springs accident lawyers have a reputation for winning cases. Recent examples of our case results include:
- $1.525 million recovered in a wrongful death car accident case caused by texting while driving,
- $1.25 million in a car accident case that required our client to have ankle surgery,
- $700,000 against a driver who turned on a red light and caused a car accident.
Regardless of the circumstances of your accident, our injury lawyers are here to sit down with you and discuss options in your case. Contact us today to schedule your free case review. Our offices are fully bilingual for your convenience.
Recovering Expenses After an Accident in Coral Springs
Even if your injuries initially seem minor, speaking with an experienced accident lawyer soon after your accident is the best way to protect your rights. We can provide strategic guidance to help make sure your right to future compensation is protected. Under the laws in Coral Springs and South Florida, you may be entitled to compensation from multiple sources, including:
- Your own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance policy under Florida’s no-fault insurance law,
- The at-fault person’s insurance company if (1) your injuries were serious or permanent and (2) the other party was at least partly to blame for the accident,
- A personal injury lawsuit if your injuries were particularly serious.
You may also be entitled to both expense reimbursement (called “economic damages”) and compensation for things like pain and suffering, emotional distress and loss of your loved one’s company or support. Economic damages that you may be entitled to receive include:
- Reimbursement for medical bills,
- Emergency room and hospital costs,
- Physical therapy costs,
- Loss of wages and employment benefits,
- Lost earning capacity in situations where your injury made it impossible for you to work, or required you to take a lower-paying job,
- Our-of-pocket expenses, including transportation costs or the costs of modifying your home to accommodate a disability caused by the accident,
- The cost of in-home care (including things like paying someone else to watch your children),
- Property damage.
Victims of negligence who accept a settlement award without consulting with a lawyer first might find that the award is really less than their accident-related expenses. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., our lawyers are here to level the playing field to help you get the money you deserve.
Establishing Liability in Coral Springs Car Accident Cases
Accidents happen quickly, and you might not be completely sure what caused your accident. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we will investigate to hold careless parties accountable for injuries and to provide a safe space for all accident victims. Our personal injury lawyers can help you with cases involving:
- Coral Springs Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Car Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Boating Accidents Lawyer
- Coral Springs Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Truck Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Construction Accident Lawyer
- Coral Springs Dog Bite Lawyer
- Coral Springs Defective Products Lawyer
- Coral Springs Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Determining what caused your accident is important because it can mean you may have the right to additional compensation. For example, if a defective product caused your injuries, the manufacturer might be financially liable. If an at-fault driver was using drugs or alcohol during your car accident, you may have the right to pursue additional damages to punish that driver’s behavior.
Learn More About How Our Experienced Coral Springs Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Get Fair Compensation
Speaking with a personal injury lawyer does not obligate you to move forward and pursue compensation. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we provide a free case review so that we can learn more about your case and explain the legal process.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident in Coral Springs or elsewhere in South Florida, contact our office today for your free consultation.
About Coral Springs, FL
Coral Springs is located in Broward County, Florida, about 20 miles northwest of Fort Lauderdale. The fact that Coral Springs has a low crime rate and is very family-friendly attracts many residents to the area—and many Coral Springs residents make the daily commute to nearby Fort Lauderdale or Miami for work. Year-round moderate to warm weather attracts tourists in the winter and spring, many of whom are unfamiliar with the roads.
Like much of South Florida, Coral Springs is growing rapidly. Between 2010 and 2018, the population jumped more than 10%, leading to increased traffic and a heightened risk of car accidents.
Frequently Asked Questions About Coral Springs Personal Injury Claims
It is important to speak with a personal injury lawyer soon after an accident because:
-We may need to investigate to locate evidence to support your claim. That evidence may not be available if too much time has passed (video surveillance may be destroyed; witnesses may be difficult to locate).
-Additional timelines may apply. We can advise you about the need to seek medical care quickly in order to preserve your right to personal injury protection (PIP) coverage and other time limits that may apply in your case.
-To protect your right to full compensation, it is important to start building your case from the beginning—in part, by documenting how the injury has impacted your life from day one.
Our lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning you don’t have to pay us anything up front. In fact, you only pay our attorneys’ fees if we win compensation in your case. Studies show that accident victims with experienced legal help get an average of three times more in compensation than they would without a lawyer. Whether you need a lawyer will depend on your specific case—but your case review is free, so you have nothing to lose by getting our advice.