When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident in South Florida
A Car Accident Attorney Can Help You Understand Your Rights After an Accident in Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Across South Florida
A car accident can be a frustrating and stressful experience for any person to go through. Not only might you have to recover from physical injury, but you may also have to deal with missed time from work and lost income that can create financial stress. Although you might consider hiring a car accident attorney to help you with the process of recovering financial compensation for your injuries and losses, you may not know when the time may be right to hire an attorney.
Speaking to an attorney as soon as possible after a car accident can have several benefits, the most important of which is being able to understand your legal rights and options soon after a car crash. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may only have a short window in which to exercise certain options for seeking financial compensation after an accident, so consulting with an attorney as soon as possible after a car accident may mean you have the full scope of options available to you in your case.
If you’ve been injured in an accident in South Florida, turn to Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. for help. Contact our firm today for a free case review to discuss how hiring an attorney after a car accident can make the difference in securing a more favorable outcome in your case and obtaining the financial resources you need to recover from your injuries and property damage.
Under What Circumstances Should You Consider Getting a Car Accident Lawyer
Following a car accident, you probably should speak to a car accident attorney as soon as possible if one or more of the following circumstances applies to your case:
- You’ve suffered serious injuries — Serious injuries tend to lead to more complex car accident cases. You should not consider representing yourself if you’ve been badly hurt in a car crash, as an attorney can properly evaluate your claim and help you to understand what compensation you may be entitled to.
- Your injuries require long-term medical care and/or rehabilitation or will cause you to miss time from work — If you’re incurring significant medical bills or you are losing out on income due to missed work, an attorney can help ensure that you are fully compensated for your past, ongoing, and future financial losses.
- Multiple vehicles were involved in the accident — When multiple vehicles are involved in a car crash, it can complicate insurance claims and the process of determining liability for the accident. You need an experienced lawyer looking out for your interests so that you are fully compensated.
- The accident was caused by an uninsured driver — If you’re hit by an uninsured driver, you may have to turn to your own insurance coverage for compensation. An attorney can help you understand your options and ensure you obtain financial recovery after an accident.
- You are having trouble collecting evidence from the accident — Car accident attorneys are highly experienced in investigating crashes and building persuasive arguments to show how an accident occurred and who was at fault.
- You’ve been offered a settlement by the insurance company — You should never agree to an insurance settlement without first having a car accident attorney review the offer to help you determine whether it provides fair compensation for your losses.
- A significant amount of time has passed since the accident — If some time has passed since the car accident, you need to talk to an attorney to make sure you haven’t missed deadlines to exercise your rights to seek compensation from the driver responsible for the crash.
How Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. Can Help After You’ve Been Involved in an Accident
When you bring the South Florida personal injury attorneys of Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. into your case after a car accident, you can expect that our legal team will assist you with pursuing your claim for compensation by:
- Advising you as to your options for filing an insurance claim (including an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim with your own insurance company) or for filing suit against the at-fault driver or party.
- Calculating the total losses that you deserve compensation for, including medical expenses, lost wages and earning potential, and pain and suffering and lost quality of life
- Aggressively pursuing a settlement that pays you fair and full compensation so that you can get back to your normal life as quickly as possible after an accident
- Advocating for your rights and interests in court and at trial, if it becomes necessary to pursue litigation to get you the financial recovery you deserve
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence or recklessness, you don’t have to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses on your own. Turn to the South Florida car accident lawyers of Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our firm can help you recover maximum financial recovery in your case.
Car Accident Legal Services in Areas Nearby
- Coral Springs Car Accidents
- Deerfield Beach Car Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Car Accidents
- Pembroke Pines Car Accidents
- Pompano Beach Car Accidents
- Boca Raton Car Accidents
- Boynton Beach Car Accidents
- Delray Beach Car Accidents
- Lake Worth Car Accidents
- Palm Beach Gardens Car Accidents
- West Palm Beach Car Accidents
Office Locations in Areas Nearby
Broward County Office
Palm Beach County Offices
- 813 Lucerne Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- 1645 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, Suite 1200-A, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (BY APPT. ONLY)
Frequently Asked Questions about When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident in South Florida
Although you may think that you don’t need an attorney if you’re offered a settlement by the insurance company soon after the car accident, you should keep in mind that a quick settlement from the insurance company is often a ploy to get you to accept far less than your claim is actually worth. Ideally, you should review any settlement offer you receive with an experienced car accident attorney to determine whether it provides fair and full compensation.
No. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we handle car accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that the cost of hiring a car accident attorney will cost you nothing upfront to retain our firm to represent you in your claim and pursue a financial recovery on your behalf. Our firm only gets paid when we win compensation in your case, with our fee being equal to a previously agreed-upon percentage of the total recovery we secure for you.