You never expect to be in an accident when taking an Uber. In fact, many people take advantage of rideshare services like Uber to safely get to and from their destination. Unfortunately, there are the same risks of being in a rideshare accident as there is in a car accident. The difference, however, is that your legal options and the steps that follow are not always as clear.
Important Steps to Take After a Pompano Beach Uber Accident
If you are involved in an Uber accident in Florida, it is important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical care: The safety of every passenger and driver is a priority. Additionally, it’s important to seek medical care immediately following the accident. Otherwise, you may not be able to prove that your injuries are due to the Uber accident.
- File a police report: A police report may become an important part of your case. Notify the local Florida police of the accident and file an official report.
- Contact your insurance company: Florida is a no-fault state, which means you’ll have to contact your insurance company for any injuries you sustained in the accident.
- Contact Uber: Uber has a special line dedicated to emergencies. It is important to notify Uber of the accident so they can make a note of it.
- Seek legal representation: Uber accidents can be complicated. Hiring your own personal injury attorney can ensure that you receive the insurance coverage and compensation that you deserve. It may be beneficial to seek legal representation before making an official report with Uber or the insurance adjuster. Keep in mind that there are time limits for filing a case. Make sure you seek legal representation before you lose out on your eligibility rights.
Seeking Compensation in a Boca Raton Uber Accident
Although your personal insurance policy should cover some of your damages, these policies are often limited. Uber is required to carry $1 million of liability coverage in the case of an accident.
However, this requires that we file a third-party personal injury lawsuit. There are also many details that can complicate the process. Each party may attempt to push off liability in order to avoid paying compensation.
The legalities surrounding rideshare accidents are still fairly new and require the legal knowledge of an expert lawyer. At Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A., we put our clients and their needs first in every case. We will work through the complicated legal system, determine negligence, and fight for justice. We will work to get you the compensation that you deserve to cover your medical costs, lost wages and benefits, property damage, and pain and suffering.
Contact a Lake Worth Personal Injury Lawyer to Discuss Your Uber Car Accident Case in Florida
Did you or a loved one sustain serious injuries due to an Uber car accident in Florida? Don’t let the medical bills pile up while you wait for the negligent party or their insurance company to do the right thing. Right now, you need an aggressive personal injury attorney on your side, fighting to get you the compensation you need, want, and deserve. The skilled attorneys at Gonzalez & Cartwright, P.A. represent clients injured because of Uber car accidents in West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Miramar, Coral Springs, Davie, Boca Raton, Sunrise, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Boynton Beach, and throughout Florida. Call 561-533-0345 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation about your case. We have an office conveniently located at 813 Lucerne Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33460 as well as an office in Pompano Beach.
The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.